Medcall Employee Training & Benefits
Medcall prioritises the health, financial and individual wellbeing of our employees and constantly strive to make Medcall a great place to work. We believe you shouldn't have to sacrifice anything when finding the right work/life balance. Medcall gives you the flexibility to choose your own shifts, on your own terms; you can earn a living while having more time to do what you love.
Whether you need to build a schedule around your family, your study, or both, Medcall is the key to unlocking a flexible work/life balance.
- Accrued annual leave which can be used as it is earned
- Sick and bereavement leave entitlement
- Penal rates on weekends and night shifts
Hours of Work
- Support Workers and Registered Nurses have flexible hours and can choose shifts that suit them
- Medcall office staff are given flexibility around hours, remote working and job sharing - supported by advanced remote technology
- Parents returning from extended parental leave may be able to agree to a gradual return to full time hours of work where the job allows.
Learning and Career Development
Medcall supports the ongoing development of your career which is based on an individual development plan, produced following regular discussions between you and your manager. To demonstrate our strong commitment to the growth of our people and their careers, we have a number of programmes to ensure that staff are always supported:
- Medcall has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion within the work environment. Our Cultural Connectors team offer a range of programmes available that support increased knowledge and understanding for key focus areas.
- Medcall has developed an extensive online training program for Support Workers and Registered Nurses. As healthcare professionals, we understand that you need the resources to be ready for anything which is why we offer ongoing access to free and heavily subsidised training to help you be at the top of your game
- A dedicated manager + office staff available to ensure you have the support you need
Health & Wellbeing
You will have access to:
- Resilience, mindfulness and mental wellbeing training opportunities
- Free flu vaccinations
- Various health and wellbeing initiatives and activities
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- EAP is a confidential counselling service available to all Medcall employees. This is managed by referral through an external company in conjunction with the Wellbeing Consultants.
- EAP can be used for a variety of work or personal development and use of this service is encouraged by Medcall
- Medcall will cover the costs of three visits
- Kiwisaver employer contributions of 3% to your scheme
- Registered Nurses who work solely for Medcall will be reimbursed their APC renewal costs
- Employees are eligible to earn a bonus for referring someone to work in turn gets employed by us and work 10 shifts
- Discounted rate for 2 Degrees landline and mobile plans
- Employee of the Quarter and Employee of the Year are recognised for outstanding behaviour in line with our values
- Travel assignment opportunities - including free accommodation, flights or mileage